What do we do?
A Fair and Equitable Divorce
Divorce proceedings rightly get a bad press, Costs spiralling out of control, family relationships damaged, and above all, settlements being no different from the start of the process.
With the average cost of a divorce running to many thousands, and often, hundreds of thousands of pounds, there has to be a new way.
Many couples, where there has been a long marriage, and where there are houses, pensions, business interests and other assets involved can easily reach many millions in value.
We start at the end point. Once you have decided you want a divorce, the application and Decree Nisi itself is relatively easy. The key is agreeing the financial settlement in the form of a consent order, this is where we believe we are unique.
Our approach is one of a simple 4 stages:
We are here to get a fair result for you, our client.
- Taking instructions that will not result in a positive conclusion but end up down blind allies
- Correspondence for the purpose of justifying fees. We pick up the phone and negotiate the old fashioned way
- Process driving commercial and practical reality
- Delaying processes to support time on the clock
Most importantly, at an emotional time, finding the costs of supporting the divorce process can be significant. It is unlikely a lawyer will provide any form of fixed fee quotation, and it is not uncommon for fees to significantly exceed £150,000
Your fees will be underwritten
For our Clients
We will quote a fixed fee, inclusive of VAT and we guarantee that our fees will not change unless.
1. You decide not to proceed - but again there is just a pre-arranged fixed fee
2. You do not take our advice when we have determined what to be a Fair Result settlement - but again our fees are fixed.
This is unheard of in divorce. We want a Fair Result for you, not an endless process which does not focus on what matters.